EC-CHAP Acoustic Artist Series: Peter Lehndorff in Concert (Folk / Humor)
Tickets $15.00 in Advance (ONLINE) / $20.00 at the Door / Special Senior ($18.00) & Student Price ($10.00) at the Door.
EC-CHAP “Frequent Flyer” Rewards Program Now Available
PETER LEHNDORFF writes folk and jazz songs about everyday life. Some are humorous. Some are serious. They are observations about the things that happen to him and the stuff he sees.
After an early folk career and a release on Signature Sounds Recordings, Peter stopped performing. He was his late wife Kathy's full-time caregiver as she battled Huntington's Disease, the genetic brain disease that took the life of Woody Guthrie. He continued writing and recording songs.
Over the last two years, Peter has resumed performing and recording. Peter has shared the stage with Martin Sexton, Robert Earl Keen, Arlo Guthrie, Dar Williams and the late Bill Morrissey. More recently he opened for Tom Paxton. Recent recordings feature old friends like Tracy Grammer and Jim Henry.
• Boston Acoustic Underground: Finalist in 1993 competition. Everything Takes Longer released on compilation disc.
• Folk Next Door: Performed on three concert compilations for the University of Hartford. East Longmeadow received national folk airplay.
• Love on the Line (originally on Signature Sounds Recordings): Received national airplay on college and public radio. Includes Yellow Datsun, a duet with Dar Williams.
• CarTalk: Several car-related tunes were part of the NPR radio show. Peugeot was included on one of their compilation CDs Disrespectful Car Songs.
• Performances: Peter has shared the stage with Martin Sexton, Robert Earl Keen, Arlo Guthrie, Dar Williams and the late Bill Morrissey. More recently he opened for Tom Paxton. He has appeared at coffee houses and venues throughout New England.
• Finalist: Recent competitions at the Towne Crier (Beacon NY), and Infinity Hall (Norfolk CT)
• Recent recordings: In addition to his slice-of-life songs, Peter is now mixing the funny with the serious;the romantic with the eccentric. The Huntington's Waltz is an imaginary goodbye from someone with dementia. Recend recordings feature old friends like Tracy Grammer and Jim Henry. He is plannning a new release.
Peter has participated in EC-CHAP’s monthly “Talent Showcase”, and has performed at our Seasonal “First Sunday at The Mill Works” series. It was a challenge whether to place Peter in our Acoustic Artist or Comedy Series… We think we made the right decision.
Join us for an evening of original folk music and humorous fictional facts! This program is hosted by the "Eastern Connecticut Center for History, Art, and Performance" (EC-CHAP). Doors 7:00pm / Show 7:30pm. Tickets $15.00 in advance online / $20.00 at the door. Senior and Student pricing available. 20% Discount at Door for EC-CHAP Members.
Soft drinks and snacks available. "BYOB&F" - Bring Your Own Beverage & Food (Wine & Beer Only - I.D. Required). You can also bring your paid ticket to Willington Pizza House (or WP Too) for eat-in or take-out the night of the show and receive 15% off your meal purchase. Ask for "The Packing House" pizza! Click here for secret recipe.
For information and table reservations, please call 518-791-9474.